To be blunt, distance sucks.
I hate distance. I hate Pennsylvania. I hate Gettysburg. But...I love the boy who is distanced from me, and the boy who goes to school in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. I don't know how these men and women have husbands and wives in the military and are separated for extended periods of time. It's been 5 weeks since I've seen Bobby, and we have another 2 to go, but my heart hurts so badly I can barely stand it. I am grateful he is not in a war-torn country, I am grateful in knowing he will come home. I am grateful in knowing he is safe. But, I'm whining and just miss him. It's crazy to think that a year ago I was crying because I missed him in a different way, and I think that's what makes this hard. I get anxious because I'm away from him and this feels like last year, but then all he has to do is say "I love you," and it's all OK. A year and a half is a long time for people our age to be together. Yes, we had a 5 month "hiatus," but we've been together longer than we were apart. And we both spent those 5 months longing to talk to each other but being to scared to do it. It's also hard when I have people telling me I'm crazy all the time for trying this. OK people, I know I'm crazy. I know I'm stupid, naive, ignorant, whatever. I take what you have to say, but honestly, you don't know our relationship. We've been through a lot in the past year and a half, and we've grown stronger in our love because of it. We don't depend on each other, we depend on God. I know this is what He wants for us, I know I am where I am supposed to be in my life, but it's so hard. I don't know where the future takes us, I don't know what God's plan is, but right now I love that crazy, funny, sweet, boy who is a thousand miles away. So if you or someone you know has a loved one fighting overseas, tell them they're amazing. Especially if they have babies. I don't know how they find the strength to do it.
Sincerely,
Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment