Day 11: Your Siblings
Ok, I know it's been a long time, but I've been super busy : ]
Courtney: Courtney is my oldest sister, 11 years older to be exact. One of my favorite memories with Courtney are when she used to sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" to me when I was little. It wasn't until I was writing my speech for her wedding and was going to include that song tid bit that I realized many of the words were wrong. Either way, I still sing the wrong lyrics. Courtney went to college when I was I was 7, and I tormented her for it. Our age gap has gotten smaller since I've gotten older. She went to Emory University and is currently a graduate student getting her PhD. Courtney is now married to Thomas, and they have a son, Robby, who is a little over 3 months old.
Kristy: Kristy is the second oldest, 8 years older, and works for a company in Atlanta. Kristy taught me to do hair, which my hall-mates appreciate, as do I. Kristy graduated from Vanderbilt and lives in Atlanta. I used to love when Kristy would come home from college and we would have movie nights and get junk food. Just today I was remembering one night when it was just Kristy and I in the house, I think my mom was out of town. Any way, we got frozen corn dogs and cheese sticks. That was one of my favorite dinners.
Jackie: Jackie is the third oldest, and is 7 years older than me. Jackie and I have the same sense of humor, and share our addiction to reality TV. She's the one that got me addicted (I'm giving you credit, Jack!) Jackie went to the University of Tennessee. Much to my dismay, I used to wear that ugly orange : ] Jackie is married to Andrew and they have a daughter, Caroline, who is 15 months old. Jackie and I both share a love for dance, and we often make up tap rhythms and challenge each other in our foyer. Yes, we get bored.
I am sooooo proud of everything my sisters have accomplished. They're my number one icebreaker, I could talk about my sisters for hours. We're all very different, but we love each other just the same. I'm happiest when I'm with my sisters. As wide as the sky...
No comments:
Post a Comment