Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am a Christian.

I am a Christian. 
Jesus is my Savior. 
How sad is it that I say this to people and that "turns them off"? I tell them I'm in Sigma Alpha Omega, the Christian sorority and they think they can't talk to me. Again, how sad? It hurts really, because, if you got to know me, you would know that I'm not like that at all. I'm not judgmental. I used to be in high school. It took me becoming a true believer first semester to realize that I have no room to judge. That's what God does, and even so, He does so out of love. 

I am a Christian
I am not a "bible pusher" or someone who sits here telling you you'll burn in the firey pits of hell. I will not thrust my beliefs on you or belittle you with what I believe. If you come to me, I will gladly show you my heart. I will tell you that some of my best friends drink and do "other non-Christian" things. Do I love them any less? NO. 

I am a Christian.
I struggle with following God's word. I'm NOT perfect. I let a bad word slip, I gossip, I watch shows (reality tv) that does nothing for me. I don't turn to the bible when I should. I don't always glorify Him. Yet, I'm still a Christian. God is merciful. He forgives.

I am a Christian. 
I have bible verses in my room. I'm sorry if they make you uncomfortable, I truly am, but they remind me of who I am. I will NOT apologize for who I am and what I believe. 

I am a Christian.
I go to college, which means I spend the majority of my day with non-believers. 

Today, someone made a jab at me for what I believe. Yes, I know we're supposed to love those whom it seems are unlovable, but it's hard! It hurt, because it's not the first time it's happened. No, I don't take it as a joke. It wasn't funny. No one laughed. It hurt. It's not ok. I don't judge others for the way they live their lives, like I said, that's God's job, so please don't judge me. I don't press my beliefs on you, so don't persecute me for my way of life. If you're reading this and someone has "made a joke" about your way of life, stand strong. Especially if you're like me and are being made fun of for religious reasons. We all live in this world. We're all God's children. Be nice. Speak kind words. It's hard, but after today I will remember what it's like to be criticized for my way of life. Jesus is my life. 

I am a Christian.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go girl. I and so many other people love you and know your faith is what is most important to you. A quality that is envied by me and people you don't even know. I love you and I know that God smiles when he looks at you and how you live for him. Don't dwell on what happened. Let is strengthen you because you can do anything through Christ.
    I love you best friend. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and i don't know how to speak in complete sentences. Kool UGA grammar skillz. Love youlington

    ReplyDelete