If you're a boy...you might want to stop reading, this will bore you.
It's not easy being a girl. Oh, they've told us that since we were little, right? Yet, we try to deny it. If you're a boy who's continued reading this, yes, once a month we get crabby, feel like Shamoo at SeaWorld, and want a lot of chocolate. You know what I'm talking about, you (as a guy) dread that time almost as much as we do. BUT you easily avoid your girlfriend/mom/sister/friend, etc. That's not the point of this post any way. As a girl, we're always "too" something. Too short, too tall, too skinny, too fat, too voluptuous, too un-voluptuous (yes, I made it a word), too emotional, too unemotional, too sensitive, too nice, too mean, and on and on. As women, we're genetically programmed to people please (and if you're the kind of girl who isn't, I applaud you). We say yes to everyone who asks for our help, we bite off more than we can chew. In our concern for other people's feelings, we swallow our stress, anxiety, and sadness and move on. We spend so much time taking care of others. I'm overwhelmed and I'm 18, don't have a real job, am not married, and don't have children (If you're married or a mom, I'm sorry that this seems whiny because I don't actually know anything about the real world or truly taking care of others, this I know). Today was one of those days where I broke down. I've been really stressed out an anxious lately and today it hit the fan. I snapped at Bobby, and God bless that boy for bearing the brunt of my emotional break down. To the girls reading this...it's ok. It's ok to be imperfect, it's ok to break down, and it's ok to ask for help. Sometimes life gets a little out of hand. Sometimes we have to curl up in a ball, watch chick flicks, and cry your eyes out. Just please please please remember that you're not alone. Someone in this world is thinking of you. God loves you. Isn't is amazing to think that the Creator of the universe created you with something certain in mind? He meticulously planned every part of you, and planned the person you'd be. Even though today was a rough day, I praise Him. I'm still learning to praise Him in the bad times. But because of this bad time, the next one won't seem so bad.
Here's a shout out to Carey McKay...I named this blog for you : ]
No comments:
Post a Comment