Thursday, January 1, 2015

Why Thirty One?

Some people have been asking me about why I've joined Thirty One and started my "own" business. My #1 reason for deciding to become a consultant came down to one thing: money. I took out A LOT of student loans in order to attend UGA (ahem, $47,000), because whatever being an RA and the HOPE scholarship didn't pay for, I had to take out. So currently 1/4 of my paycheck each month goes towards paying off my loans. I am following Dave Ramsey's plan with his baby steps and am working on rebuilding my emergency fund, which was very much dwindled by the $840 I had to put into my car. I am DETERMINED to be out of debt by the time I am 30. I would love to get married either in very little debt or no debt. Getting out of debt by 30 means paying off my loans 2 years sooner than the government says I can do it, and boy do I love a challenge. 

I wanted to do something that would help me earn an extra $100+ each month, and Jackie suggested Thirty One because she loves the products and it's a Christian company. I knew very little about the company, but one of Jackie's friends (Courtney Stephenson, if you're reading this, this is you!) has helped me so much through the process and I joined her team. I was actually surprised at how easy it was to make my goal of earning more than $150 last month. 

If you know me well, you know I'm not a shy person and I'm pretty open, but you also know that I suffer from anxiety and have for over a decade. My social anxiety has been what is really bad lately where I constantly think people don't like me, don't want to hear from me, don't want to be friends with me, and that I am fat and ugly and have an awful personality, which I recognize as untrue, but Satan loves to hit below the belt. I also currently have really low self confidence because of how much weight I've gained over the last 6 months. I feel like a blimp. 

Even in just a month, I've already felt my confidence with Thirty One rise. Thirty One is based off of Proverbs 31 woman and is a company built around empowering women (and men) to be business owners and have a company that they can work into their lives. This is also something I can do from my computer while watching TV at the end of the work day, which is something I like. I can also work and drink a glass of wine at the same time!!

Something that has started out as a way to earn money has already built up my confidence in talking to people I don't really know. I am also getting to learn how to work in sales and what things to say/how to find products for people. I love the way a new bag or purse can build a person's confidence and I feel like I'm able to help my customers feel pretty and put together. This is also a great way for me to spread Christ's love by being personable, kind, and loving in sales, which is an industry that tends to be pushy and self-centered. 

I am really looking forward to this new hobby and way to become a more Christ-like, self-confident person. I would love to grow my business and get to know new people! Everyone I have interacted with who is a part of the Thirty One company has been so kind. It was so nice to get a call from our home office when I joined the team and was greeted from someone's personal cell number and a PERSON actually spoke to me, not an automatic message. I would really love either your support through a purchase, joining my team, but especially your prayers for this exciting new endeavor!

Smile, God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment