Monday, July 11, 2011

3 Weeks

So, I'm basically the worst blogger ever...but who really reads this anyway?
I came home this summer so reluctant to leave Athens, and now I'm reluctant to leave Marietta. 3 weeks from today I'll be moving back to Athens, but it a different dorm, in a room alone, and on a hall alone for a week until my residents move in. Needless to say, I'm pretty scared. I'm excited an anxious to start this new adventure, and I can't wait to find out who my residents are. I'm very lucky that my friend Robin will be working in the same Residence Hall (that's the official word, I used dorm earlier and that's bad), and Nadgey will be across the courtyard. I don't handle change well, and this new school year will bring about a lot of change. It's funny really, me not handling change well, because does that mean I don't handle life well? Isn't that what life is, change? I'm also very anxious about Bobby leaving for PN. Hopefully he'll be able to squeeze in an Athens visit before he leaves.
 Mostly, I CANNOT believe how quickly the summer flew by. It was great having Thomas, Courtney, and Robby here for 3 weeks. Having all 4 of us girls together is so much fun. The dynamic is much different now with the little ones, now Kristy and I are the only ones to stay up past 10. I love my sweet little nephew so much (but he won't be my only nephew for long, Jackie and Andrew are expecting a little boy in November!!!). It was so hard to see them off at the airport. They went to Germany and will be making a stop here for 48 hours before they head back to CA, so really the next time I see him will be Christmas and G's 90th. And of course it's been so great to spend so much time with Caroline. It's weird that I'll have 2 nephews and 1 niece...looks like the Rivard women might be outnumbered soon, yikes! Robby and Caroline are always the highlights of any day I get to see them. Watching them grow and become "real" people with "real" personalities is amazing. God never ceases to amaze me.
Just thinking about going back to Athens makes me anxious. Although, this is very different than last year, last year I was a wreck, this year it's bittersweet. I am SO excited to see my friends again. Classes...eh. Bobby keeps telling me to live in the moment and take it one day at a time. I know I shouldn't be anxious because God already has a plan for me and all I need to do is pray that I follow it, but I'm still anxious. My motto for now is Phil. 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment